Friday, October 05, 2007

St Basil's is finished and framed!

St Basil's Cathedral from Dimples Designs

And it has already left my house! I gave it to Melanie a couple of weeks ago. She had been travelling for her 5oth birthday so she got it a bit late. I think she really loved it, she had been commenting on this design a couple of times but has always said that she thought it was to hard for her to stitch herself.

It was really a fun design to stitch and the colors are so beautiful. I think Terrence did a great job picking them out.

Otherwise I'm trying to recuperate after my MIL and FIL's visit. They were here for 15 days and especially my MIL kept me busy. She loves the shopping here so we so spend a lot of times in stores. I don't know what it is but I just don't get any time for myself or the house when they are here. So yesterday when they left I sat down and stitched for 2 hours and it felt so good. My messy house I can deal with this weekend.

Thank you for all your nice comments, I do appreciate all of them. I'm hoping to catch up on my groups and blog reading now when I have the house back to myself!

21 comments:

Ranae said...

Wow!! That is an awesome finish.
Congrats!!

BeckySC said...

It looks AMAZING!!! WOW!!
It's nice to see you :)
Have a lovely weekend!

Barb said...

That is beautiful. I'm sure she loves it!

mainely stitching said...

St. Basil's is INCREDIBLE and I can only imagine that Melanie will treasure it forever.

Shari said...

Kajsa,
that is beautiful! WOW! What a gift for someone!!! I hope Melanie treasures that forever!!!!
Shari

Sally said...

Wow St Basil's is stunning Kajsa!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful!!! I am sure she LOVES it!

Sally said...

Hi Kajsa! Thank you for the offer of the JCS Ornament mag but I do have it on order with a UK ONS.

Anonymous said...

Wow that's lovely!

Unknown said...

That is a lovely piece for Mel Kajsa, and I am sure she appreciates what you have stitched for her.

Pleasedd to hear you have the house back too... lovely to see you posting again.

What do you think of the ornie mag this year.... to me, a bit ordinary.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous finish and framing! About mil-all I can say 15 days sure is a long time!

Marika said...

15 days....wow, you must be exhausted !! St. Basil looks so beautiful !! She was so lucky to have it. Take your time to stitching...the house is not going to disappear meanwhile ;-)

samplerlover said...

St Basils looks great. I'm sure Mel appreciates. Its lovely to have your house to your self isn't it.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! St. Basil's is just stunning! I've got enchantment of winter sitting in my stash for my Dad ... gotta get to it someday he's not getting any younger!

Mindi said...

St. Basils's is absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad you took some time for yourself, I know I did right after my father left.

Julie said...

Its beautiful! I'm sure it's much loved and appreciated!
Enjoy this time to yourself.

Marie said...

Hi Kajsa~
I heard that you were interested in joining our "stress Free" SAL for Village or Houses of HRH so I added you to our group...welcome!
Your St Basil's Cathedral is absolutely gorgeous! How long did this masterpiece take to stitch?

dragonxser said...

fabulous finish Kajsa!

Wanda said...

Beautiful job on the cathedral! I see you joined the VoHRH SAL, I just joined myself. I think it is going to be so much fun.

Jane said...

Awesome finish! That is lovely!

Deb said...

Kajsa: Have received your package...mine's on the way to you! :) I love your St. Basil's finish. Can't wait to see what your next big project will be....
Hugs,
Deb