Thursday, April 29, 2010
This is Rite of Spring, another Loose Feather design from Blackbird designs. I stitched it with Suzanne over at Squazi and the Chicken (www.squaziandthechicken.blogspot.com/). It was a fun stitch but those circles were hard to line up, I did quite a bit of frogging.
This is my next WIP, Peacock Cypher from Just Nan. My MIL picked it up at Cecilia's Sampler in Branson during her last visit. She asked if I could stitch it up for her and change it into a wedding sampler for her and FIL. This is how far I have gotten on it. I want to finish it before we go home this summer!
Here's another Lilliput iris. It's really small and cute.
School has slowed down somewhat. We did get a longer time period to finish up that last 3 chapters so that feels kind of good. I was so stressed out there for a while due to short time lines we got and the fact that we had major hand ins and a big test every other week since the class started.
Thank you for visiting and all your sweet commments!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I really hope this works! Blogspot has a problem downloading the pictures. Here's my BtSS finish that I did with Ranae http://crazyxstitcher.blogspot.com/ (my links are not working today, so this is as close as I will get to a link I guess).She finished hers a while back but now I'm finally done. The designs is one of Blackbird designs Loose Feathers.
My lilliput irises have started to bloom! This one is one of my favorites.
I don't even know if this will publish right so I'm doing another post tomorrow. Thank you all for visiting!
Sunshine Blogger awards
Beautiful Blogger award
Sharon of Sharon's Cross Stitch Obsession (here's the link)
http://crossstitchobsession.blogspot.com/ was sweet enough to give me these awards. Thank you Sharon!!
And I have to list 10 interesting things about myself. Ouch, I'm pretty boring but I'll give it a try.
1. I'm a really fast reader, give me a couple of hours and I can finish a whole book.
2. I love gory crime series like Criminal Minds, The mentalist CSI, NCIS etc. I watch them all!
3. I can't watch a really brutal episode that involves children. It wasn't a problem for me until I had my kids but now I just can't do it.
4. I only stitch Monday through Thursday after DH put the home theater in. He needs it to be pitch dark in there for some reason.
5. I have lived in Germany, Portugal, and Canada before we moved to the US. And Sweden of course, I was born there.
6. My son were born in Canada, the 2 girls here and DH and I are not citizen's yet. The customs person always look a bit surprised when we put a Canadian, 2 US and 2 Swedish passports in front of him/her.
7. I like gardening but I don't put a lot of time into it. If the plants aren't sturdy enough to survive my gardening it was just not meant to be.
8. I love cooking and baking and I wish I had more time to do more fancy cooking.
9. I have a little herb garden spot in my flower bed.
10. I will have one kid in high school, one in middle school and one in 1st grade next year. I see lot of volunteering in my future.
There's so many blogs out there that I do love and I have a real problem getting links to work for me today when I'm posting so I'm just passing this along to all the beautiful blogs that I visit. You are all great!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Isn't this sweet? I love how she finished it! Sorry for the picture, it isn't that great. The class I'm taking is quite hard, I'm not quite sure that I'm smart enough to take it. More then 50 % off the class seems to have dropped out so at least I'm still hanging in there. Three more weeks and I'm done for the summer and I can get some fun time again. Thanks for visiting!!