Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm still here!

St Basil's Cathedral - Dimples Designs

Not that I have been very active on my yahoo groups or in the blogging world lately! I still try to check out blogs and admire finishes or progress rapports now and then but it's so darn busy here.


The basement is progressing slowly. They are mudding the walls this week and then I think the cabinets are going in next week since they should be ready by next Tuesday. This has taken much longer then I thought it would. At least Alice is getting better with the noises now. We try to carry her down in the basement to show her that it's ok and it's just the guys working down there.


Bernie the painter is coming in next Monday to paint our entrance and the kids bathroom. I've been waiting for him a couple of months now so it will be nice to have it done.


My BIL and SIL and their two kids are coming tomorrow. We did decide on finishing the basement because they were going to come and stay with us for 3 weeks. Evidently the basement is not done so we have to work our way around that.


It will be fine, we are all pretty laid back. The toughest day will be when Bernie is painting but he's coming early and won't leave until it's done so it's just one day. My BIL is leaving for Minnesota that day too to write a travelling article on Swedish towns up there. I think my SIL is going down to Kansas to see relatives too during that time so it won't be for 3 full weeks that they are staying here.


At least the kids daily swimming lessons are over now so I will try to pick up and get everything ready. It's been hard to get anything done the last few weeks since we have been so busy with play dates, swimming and we have done a lot of 4 H activities.


I got some really sad news yesterday. One of my girlfriends husband died yesterday morning of a heart attack. He was just 48 years old, they have 3 kids 5, 7 and 9 years old. Their oldest son is autistic so he's special needs. We got the news yesterday, I haven't event talked to her yet since I didn't want her phone line to be busy so she could talk to relatives. If this happened to me I would like to have my family around me as soon as possible.


It's really hard to realize that I won't see Rolf again. They moved away a couple of years ago but we still have some contact. When they lived in Omaha Judy and I were quite close and I know that she is devastated since they were very devoted to each other. I think it will take a couple of days for this to really sink in, at the moment I think we are still in shock.
I'm slowly making progress on St Basils. I'm going to finish the left side of it and then I have to start on Villages of Hawk Run Hollow. Then I want to pull out my Valentine Holiday again and restart it on the red fabric Becky sent me.
I finally figured out what I'm going to stitch for my Birthday/Christmas Club lady. There's so many things that I have considered stitching for her but I finally decided on what to do. I have the rest of her package almost done so I just have to get cracking on the stitching gift.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

St. Basil's looks great-very nice progress. You sound very busy-I am sorry to hear about your friend. 48 is just too young. Take care!

BeckySC said...

Looking beautiful, Kajsa!!

mainely stitching said...

It sounds really busy! Good luck with all that's going on. And your St. Basil's looks gorgeous.

Dawn T. said...

St. Basil's looks awesome! Great progress:)

I know where Omaha is, I am from Omaha originally...Go Huskers!

Julie said...

St. Basils is looking great. I hope the visit with family goes well.

Ranae said...

St. Basil's looking beautiful! Sorry to hear about your friend.

Carol said...

Oh Kajsa! I am so sorry!!

Sue said...

St. Basil's is beautiful and I'm so sorry about your friend ;)