Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One finish and a new start!



Remember my mil's anniversery sampler? Well, I did finish it a while back and here's a picture. It's Just Nan's Peacock Cypher and I changed the verse to my in-laws names, their wedding date and the church's name. I can't say that the graphing of the names were my best work but it will do. I used some 32 count mystery linen and DMC.



Close up! Those beads were pretty!



And here's my new start! It's Papillions myster sampler, we are doing it with the guild this year. The other ladies started it in January, I'm on part 2!! Oh, well I guess it's better late then never.

And I did finish Needle and thread from LHN too. But I did get the little bed/pillow that went with it and I'm half way through the finishing with it (sweet) so I'll upload a picture of that finish tomorrow. It's kind of funny looking now. I did find the chart and the pillow at the new LNS I found and started it the same day. That's a first for me, usually I let the designs mature for a while when I'm obssesing over color/fabric choices.

I'm trying to catch up on commenting, I'm doing a lot of stuff with the kids so I only have 15 minutes here and there to enjoy my blog reading.

Thank you so much for visiting and your sweet comments!

12 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your MIL is going to treasure the anniversary sampler! You've made a nice start on the mystery sampler too.

Karen said...

That Anniversary sampler is beautiful. Would love to know what color DMC you used...very vibrant and pretty.

Love your new start too!

Tracy J said...

Both pieces are very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love it so much! The peacocks are gorgeous, and the color is perfect. She will treasure it, I'm sure. Nice work. :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What a wonderful anniversary sampler - the color is scrumptious! Awesome new start as well - very pretty colors.

KarenV said...

Love your finish, the colours are gorgeous and it's a great idea for an anniversary sampler!

Margaret said...

What a beautiful finish! It makes a wonderful anniversary sampler! Love your new start too!

Ranae said...

Pretty Pretty Anniversary finsh and a gorgeous start

Deb said...

Your anniversary sampler is just wonderful! I really love the color that you used for it! And your new mystery sampler is wonderful too. Very pretty colors!

Daffycat said...

Oooo, lovely sampler! Great finish. I have this one going as well!

Mylene said...

What a beautiful sampler! I am sure your MIL will love it.

Great start on the new project.

Unknown said...

Just lovely Kajsa. Haven't forgotten you lol!