Thursday, February 22, 2007

I think we will survive!!

Rose bouqet from DH.

The gifts from Kath, she's the sweetest!

What I got from Veronica!




Blogger is driving me crazy, I just wrote a huge post and saved it as a draft then I couldn't publish it. While I was playing around with everything, trying to figure out what went wrong the post just disappeared. AAARGGH!
Since I last wrote everything just went from bad to worse. Two of the kids are on penicillin. Oscar ended up fainting in the bathroom while throwing up one night. My dad who was here visiting got the flu from the kids too and I'm sure he thought that he was dying. He was on the phone with my brother in Sweden (who's a Dr) a couple of times per day. Anders (DH) came home from his 3 week long business trip a day early just to get the flu too. The only one that hadn't gotten this plague at that point was I!
The worst of it all was that we were also preparing to go on our ski trip that we have had planned for almost a year. So I ended up taking all the kids to the Dr to ok all of them to go (emergency rooms in strange town is the worst) and after she gave us some instructions and meds we did go on the day we planned.
The drive up was ok, we did stay in Ogallalla and we had dinner at Ole's www.olesbiggame.com which the kids enjoyed. I felt sorry for those poor animals though, but I guess it was different times.
We arrived on Thursday, after a pretty eventful drive up after Denver. A snowstorm went over the mountains just when we drove up there. It was really bad there for 20 minutes but it was ok since we took it easy. After renting ski equipment for the kids and getting groceries we took it easy the rest of the day since we planned on skiing the next day.
But that didn't happen since another weather system pulled in. Lots of snow and strong winds, the kids cried just walking over to the club house for swimming. It was good with a day of rest for everyone though, the kids were almost back to normal by then.
With all the snow on Friday we did have a beautiful day of skiing Saturday. I think it was my best ski day ever. Wonderful slopes and powdery snow, lots of sunshine so we had great day!
But in the evening Anders felt worse again and had a fever (103 F) so I think he overdid it. We had a talk the morning after and decided to leave before the next storm system came in on Monday morning (we were planning on leaving Monday morning). My dad was flying out of Denver that afternoon so we took the kids and went tubing (what a blast) and ice skating. Emma was thrilled with her new skates that Anders bought for her in Vancouver. That afternoon we packed up and left, drove back to Ogallalla after dropping dad off at the airport. So we did get back Monday afternoon. But by then I got this blasted flu so I've been totally wiped out until now.
I of course forgot to bring the camera to Keystone in the commotion before we left. But it was beautiful up there and the condo we rented was great. Two bedrooms and a sleeping loft, it had everything that we needed to be comfortable. To bad that we got this flu so we weren't 100 % but these are things that we can't change. The skiing that we did do was wonderful and I think the kids enjoyed the trip in the end too.
Since I haven't really uploaded any pictures of my gifts for my birthday I'm adding them now. Hopefully Blogger will not erase this post!

No comments: