Friday, May 26, 2006


Another finish!

Finished up my May SAL ornament from Stitcher's Time Out yesterday! It's so nice to be done with it and I thought it turned out cute without all the buttons it called for. I stitched it on another solo from Silkweaver, got a whole bunch of them a couple months ago. This came out of Just Cross Stitch 2005 ornament issue, the designer is SamSarah Design Studio.

Hopefully I will have another finish this week already. Another Easter project that got put away, A Simple Egg from Shepherd's Bush. When I started it again I found that it's working up quick. Then I should start an bookmark for our library, our EGA is donating some for their anniversery celebration and I got the ok a bit late so I don't have that many to donate so if I can add one or two that would be great!

The kids are thrilled to be out of school but they have already had one serious fight over Chinese Checkers (some game pieces were lost and found after some finger pointing). We'll get into a new routine after a week or so. I'm taking them to the library today to sign them up for the Summer reading program, that will occupy them somewhat at least. The pools are opening up next weekend and I can always take them to the indoor pool at the gym. We have nice weather here to so soon they will be playing baseball in the backyard.

Finally went out and checked over the yard after our hard rain storm the other day. I was afraid that my irises had been battered down by the rain and I was right. My really tall purple and white bearded iris was just laying on the ground. The other ones were doing better though. So now I have a huge bouquet of Jazz me up! irises on my breakfast bar, it looks really pretty actually!

My roses had started to bloom too, not all of them but my climber, 4th of July from Jackson Perkins and another of their varieties, a grandiflora called Love. I have a bunch of pictures to upload so I should do that tonight.

No comments: